Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gwyneth Paltrow - Sliding Doors - Vintage GIANT Poster Print (Approx. 40'' x 55'')

FREE Penny Lane Gifts magnet with every poster purchase!This Gwyneth Paltrow "Sliding Doors" vintage GIANT poster print approx. 40'' x 55''


I was watching the "Mummy" again for the upteenth time and realized why I love this movie so much is because it reminds me of my days in the early 90's when I was living in Cairo. The soul of Egypt takes hold of you and she never lets you go. She stays inside of you and lingers always reminding you that to exist without her is not existing at all. So she possessed me and lives inside me.

I have never been more at home in any place than Egypt. The market place will always be my favorite place to visit. The smells, sounds and whispers of every day life and life lived for thousands of years walks with you everywhere you go. It's like the past, present and future have no idea that they must exist separate. They come together and create timelessness. I think that is why I felt so alive because I existed for the day and lived life to its fullest as each moment passed.

To say traveling to Egypt is a spiritual experience is an understatement. She is the cornerstones of time and her soul encompasses the spiritual, mystical and magical. All three exist together and create the divine elixir of life.

You can feel Isis, Bastet, Hathor, Sekhmet and Maat surround you and embrace you whispering untold secrets. I found this perplexing especially since the male energy is so dominant. Considering Egypt has had some of the most powerful women rulers in history I have come to understand that the backward view of women is in contradiction to her history.

Perhaps this is why dance has survived and has become such an integral part of her history. Through dance can the Goddess survive and reach people. She can entice, heal, and cast her spell upon the masses through dance. The possession that Egypt takes hold on the body is no simple matter. I taste, smell, hear and see the old ways every time I dance.

As the "Mummy" movie ended I realized that Egypt gave me treasures beyond what I realized; she showed me apart of herself and welcomed me home. And since home is where the heart is she knew that she would be reborn in each dancer. Smart Lady!

latin music artists

No comments: